This course covers Basic EKG interpretation and is for RN’s and other medical personnel wishing to learn the proper application and reading of EKGs.
COURSE OUTLINE Title: Basic EKG Interpretation
This course presents the student with an introductory overview related to the anatomy and physiology of the heart.
It also explores normal electrical conduction as well as common variations as evidenced by changes in the waveform on the cardiac monitoring device.
The course will also focus on the student’s ability to perform cardiac monitoring via 3, 5 and 12 lead monitoring devices.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon the successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. define unique characteristics of cardiac system related to anatomy and physiology of the heart
2. demonstrate understanding of normal electrophysiology of the cardiac system
3. recognize normal waveforms in the electrical conduction of the cardiac system,
4. identify common variations in the electrical conduction of the cardiac system
5. distinguish deadly heart rhythms in the electrical conduction of the cardiac system
6. demonstrate understanding and differences of 3, 5 and12 lead cardiac monitoring devices
7. demonstrate understanding of role and responsibilities of person obtaining & or monitoring EKG
8. perform a 12 lead EKG
Ready to register? Click here to be directed to our secure shopping cart.